Your entire patient list is automatically synced from your EMR. The Patients page contains quick stats on the patient count and a searchable table of all synced or added patients.
Patients should always be added to the EMR and allowed to flow into Reach. However, if you have a situation where the patient will not be added to the EMR, you can use the Add Patient button to create a patient record. One example is if you were to create a test patient to help you preview content or test NPS workflows like detractor management.
- Once on the Patients page, click Add Patient.
- Begin adding patient information in the Create Patient window. Required fields include First Name, Last Name, Patient ID (This is typically the identification number of the patient as listed in the EMR, however, you can use a placeholder if you don’t intend of creating this patient in the EMR.), and Email Address.
- Please note that more information should be entered if you would like the patient to meet list criteria, i.e. diagnosis or age-specific lists. Additionally, some dynamic variables will not return results if the information is not available, i.e. Primary Therapist. You’ll also lose insight into NPS reporting segments such as Referring Doctor if this information is not completed.
- When complete, click Save Patient.
- The patient will be available for use immediately.
Updating Patient Information
We recommend making all updates to the patient in the EMR, as any updates made to patient information within Reach will be overridden by the information contained in the organization's EMR during sync. However, there may be instances where contact information may need to be updated immediately. In this instance, the information should be added in Reach and the EMR, so that when the next sync occurs, the information is not overridden.